Friday, May 14, 2010

Graduation!

This morning I went to the baccalaureate mass for SLU and I sat down in a pew and realized that the family sitting next to me was that of a girl who lived on my floor freshman year. Four years ago, she and I took a walk to Forest Park together and walked for hours, talking about our dreams and hopes and where/who we wanted to be when we grew up. Both of our visions included SUVs, perfect families in suburbia and white picket fences. I don't know if she remembers this conversation, but I have thought about it frequently as I reflect on college, beucase I think it really demonstrates how much SLU and the people who make up SLU have changed my life. No longer do I dream of being a housewife (not that there is anything wrong with that!); instead I'm not really sure what I want. I just know I want to make a difference, experience life, and keep growing and learning. Not to much to ask right?

p.s.: hopefully I'll hear some amazing news today so that I don't have to wear this shirt!

Thought of the Day: "It costs a little to light the world." -Fr. Valentine Peter
Listening to: "Graduation (Friends Forever)" Vitamin C
{Image via: SLU}

No comments:

Post a Comment