Monday, May 31, 2010

Please Mr. Postman

I've been home for a little over 2 weeks and I really really miss my friends. It's weird to think that I will never be able to have almost all of my best friends within a 2 block radius, but yet, it's also strange to think that a thing like college exists where we can have such an amazing time surrounded by so many friends. Anyway, one of my worst faults is my inability to keep in touch with people. I'm going to be trying my best to turn this around, especially in August when I leave for a year as a Jesuit Volunteer in Los Angeles. I hoping to have a blog chronicling all of my thoughts and experiences, but I also want to get much better at letter writing to keep in touch with friends and family.
Maybe something like these adorable envelopes will help me out. On this website, you enter your location, either a specific address or a landmark, and they create a printable envelope with a Google Earth picture of where you are (like Hawaii... I wish!) and a little message like "Wishing you were here with me :("


I found this idea on Black*Eiffel along with some other cool options of map envelopes.

Listening to: "Polaroid" Shwayze
Thought of the Day: “When you're young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up and learn to be cautious. You could break a bone or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don't leap at all because there's not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there's no safety net. When did it stop being fun and start being scary?” -Sex and the City


No comments:

Post a Comment