Monday, January 11, 2010

Graduation Gift

{tote, monogrammed reversible cozy, shoe clips}

My friend Katie who I've been friends with since 1st grade, just graduated from college this past semester. This made me realize that I am not looking forward to my own graduation and figuring out gifts for all my SLU friends because it is impossible to find/make something that is worthy of such a momentous occasion, especially considering college graduation means that we will all be going different places and directions.
Because I believe no one can have too many totes, especially ones that can double a reusable grocery bags, I made Katie a monogrammed tote, a coffee cozy (staying with the green theme!), and shoe clips. I discovered the idea of shoe clips while I was looking around Etsy one day, and I am rather obsessed now. Instead of buying multiple shoes like these and these, shoe clips let you switch the bloom or gems on the top of your flats or heels. Ingenious, right? I just made a couple fabric flowers and attached craft section hair pins to the back with some glue and stitches.

{doily tote - simple instructions by Ashley Ann}

{6 cream silk circles cinched with stitches in the middle, pearls added}

{2 sets, creamy and navy (modeled after Heart of Light's lovely headbands)}

Listening to: "Your Love is My Drug" Kesha
Thought of the Day: "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and let it come in." Morrie Schwartz

1 comment:

  1. And, I love all of them! I wore my hair in a bun and tucked the two blue ones in - just like they show on the Heart of Light Etsy shop! I got tons of comments! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete