Monday, November 23, 2009

3 Days!

{Image via Martha Stewart}

Recipe:
Cranberry, Apple and Walnut Conserve via Gourmet, Nov. 2006


Thankful Thoughts:
1. Friendsgiving! - our amazing potluck this past weekend
2. Beautiful weather (I'm still wearing shorts!)
3. My little brother said that he was really excited for me to come home on Tuesday (it's always nice to hear)
4. I am almost done with one of my research papers!
5. Bittersweet endings and the promise of new beginnings

Random Tidbit:
President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed in 1863 that Thanksgiving should be celebrated in the U.S. He stated, “The year that is drawing to its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come… I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those…who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and praise our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens…I do recommend…they do also…implore the interposition of the Almighty hand…to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it…to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquility and Union.”


Listening to: "Baby by Me" 50 Cent ft. Ne-Yo
Thought of the Day: "I would rather fail in a cause that will ultimately succeed than succeed in a cause that will ultimately fail." -Woodrow Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment