Monday, November 16, 2009

Cake Balls

When my friend Amy told me about cake balls, I thought she was crazy and just talking about another quirky St. Louis creation (toasted rav? gooey butter cake?). What would you think if someone told you about baking a cake, crumbling it, adding frosting, and rolling it into balls to then dip in chocolate? I hope I am not alone in thinking this sounds weird. But then after seeing so many of Bakerella's amazing treats around the blog world, I finally checked out her site and discovered that Amy idea wasn't so kooky after all (sorry for the skepticism, Amy!).

Sadly, I'm too late to make these werewolves...

...but these would be so much fun to make with my little brother to take to my grandparents' house for Thanksgiving!


Listening to: "The Luckiest" Ben Folds Five
Thought of the Day: "A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." -John F. Kennedy

ps- check out this Dallas bakery's website. They make delicious flavors like cinnamon roll and chocolate toffee. Plus... if you are stumped about what kind of cake to have at your wedding, never fear, they do weddings too! so funny...

{Images via Bakerella}

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of cake balls. Never had one though. Also,"The Luckiest" is not Something Corporate. It's Ben Folds Five. I hope I didn't misinform you. Looking forward to seeing you and your cake balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes! Thanks. And I can't wait to see you either. You should make them with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do like those turkey cake balls. i like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete