Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Friday!

{Image via ffffound!}

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Thankful Thoughts:
1. Sunny fall afternoons
2. Talking to my mom on the phone (in person is so much better though)
3. Having family close enough to be able to see them on a semi-regular basis (one of the kids I talked with today was so excited because he gets to see his grandparents over Thanksgiving break - this means a flight to Vietnam.)
4. Only 3 more days of class until break!
5. I go to a school I love and am happy with my major.

Random Tidbit: Since Columbus though the Americas were part of India, he believed that the wild turkeys were a specises of peacock, which are native to India. Therefore, he named them "tuka" which is "peacock" in Tamil (an Indian language).

Recipe: Golden-Crusted Brussels Sprouts via 101 cookbooks
(I had never had a Brussels sprout before about a month ago because of their negative image, but now I can't wait to make them for Thanksgiving.)



Listening to: "Hide and Seek" Imogen Heap
Thought of the Day: "We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." -Thornton Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment