Monday, November 9, 2009

Reading Wall

Despite my crafty decorations (here and here) in my bedroom, I still think the walls are too blank. With the white walls, blonde wood furniture (not my choice), and my lovely white comforter, there is a lot of light in the room. After discovering these awesome shelves, I think I have found an answer. Considering they are from Europe and that I don't buy things I have the slightest inkling that I could make myself, I think this will be a Christmas break project. Plus, it will be the perfect time to scour some thrift shops for cheap books with fun covers to fill my shelves. (That makes it sound like I don't read, but I do, I just don't buy books. I grew up in a family that went - and still does go! - to the library every Saturday.)

{I love how these shelves look like they are built into the wall,
but they actually are cubes with a frame mounted on the wall!}


Listening to: "Replay" - Sean Kingston
Thought of the Day: "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean


ps - I went to Target today and got really excited about Christmas. They have 40 glass ball ornaments for $15. I think I might be buying some silver and blue ones to hang with some silky ribbon. I can't wait :)


4 comments:

  1. I buy books despite the library. I like to write in them and refer to them over and over again. It's worth it. And you support the writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can we work on this together during winter break?! i would love to have some of these shelves in my room!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uum those are AWESOME! Jealous. If you DO make them (and I know you can), you should totally post the tutorial on here so I can...attempt to recreate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way! I can't see your pics either. Sad. I will try to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete