Monday, August 10, 2009

You Can Find Me in St. Louie

I am in love with exploring St. Louis, so when I discovered that the Best of St. Louis 2009 Survey (with the amazing theme of Cheap Thrills) is open for input, I got way too excited. With questions such as best picnic spot, best place to frequent at 3am, and best local girl made good, I somehow spent the last 5 hours filling it out and researching this historic city. I also realized how much I have missed this city this summer and can't wait to return for school in 4 days.

Some of my favs in St. Louis:

{Central West End on a fall night - perfect for coffee, catching up, and people watching}

{Washington Ave - sushi, gelato, twinkle lights hung accross the cobblestone, Flannery's, breathtaking architecture}

{Card's games - I was skeptical at first, but now in love}

{Forest Park - free zoo, art muesum, and history muesum, wedding watching, and plenty of room to run}

{CWE's Companion Bakery - the friendliest crew ever, strong coffee, amazing breakfast and lunch, cheery paint colors}

{And I can't wait to check out the new City Garden downtown, a new urban park full of fountains and sculptures.}

p.s. - who knew? St. Louis is the birthplace/hometown of Akon, Betty Grable, Kimora Lee, Taylor Momsen, Maya Angelou, Tina Turner, Jenna Fischer, Brad Kroenig (a longtime muse for Karl Lagerfeld), and Karlie Kloss (she's been on the cover of Vogue and walked in countless runway shows).

Listening to: "Cry Me A River" Julie London
Thought of the Day: "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." -Mother Teresa

{Images via: Yelp, flickr}

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for that inside look- I've always wanted to go to St. Louis... maybe someday I will be able to explore it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are excited about City Garden too, I have been anxiously waiting all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guh you leave in 4 days? Can we hang out before then? Thursday? Please?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love washington avenue, esp at night. i've gotten both sushi and gelato, and there's a good handful of bars too for a good night on the town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. St. Louis missed you, too!! So happy you're back. And now - the fun begins.

    Oh, and get yourself to City Garden ASAP. It's AMAZING. So happy the the Lou has something like it.

    ReplyDelete