Monday, September 28, 2009

Apple Tart


Yesterday I finally tried one of the recipes I posted last week with my apple picking apples.  Using this apple tart recipe from Smitten Kitchen, I made what was actually more of a galette since I am tart pan-less.  It turned out beautiful none the less, but I am not sure if I would use this recipe again.  It was simple and light, but I felt like there was something missing... cinnamon perhaps? 
I enjoyed my time in the kitchen though.  I love any recipe that requires time since I find cooking theraputic.  And with some good Matt Nathanson playing in the background, what more could I ask for?

{apples - peeled, cored, and 'armadillo' sliced}

{pre-baking}

{gorgeously golden}



Listening to:  Matt Nathanson  
Thought of the Day: "I believe we should fight for the unrealistic, rather than defend the unacceptable."  - Bill Shore

2 comments: