Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Foodie Addiction

It's official: I am completely obsessed with 101Cookbooks.  I have yet to be disappointed by one of Heidi's recipes (or her photography for that matter). 


   My roommates and I had a little Italian dinner party tonight and instead of buying a jar of tomato sauce, I tried the recipe for Five Minute Tomato Sauce.  Delicious!  It was light and because of its simplicity, you could really taste each of the ingredients.  Atop Trader Joe's whole wheat penne, it was perfect.  I think the best part was the lemon zest, which added just the right amount of a fresh tang.  My only variations were cutting way back on the olive oil (I doubled the recipe, but added way less than the 1/4 cup of oil called for in a single batch) and added some fresh chopped basil after simmering.  

Listening to: "She Loves Me"  -Serani
Thought of the Day:   "I change myself, I change the world."   - Gloria Anzaldua 

{Image via 101 Cookbooks}

1 comment:

  1. 101cookbooks is awesome. I just looked at a recipe for pineapple rice.

    ReplyDelete