Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cookies and Cocoa

Over the weekend as I checking out at Walmart, the cashier and I were discussing the hairiness of the holidays. One of her statements made an impact on me, as she said that while she likes the holidays, she is ready for Christmas to just be over with already. With this in mind, I crafted some homemade gifts for my friends who I am saying goodbye to for Christmas break as finals wind to an end. Perfect for chilly nights, I made hot chocolate mixes and festive cookies.


Peppermint Stick Cocoa Mix

via Sunset Magazine, Dec. 2004
Ingredients:
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy (preferably from candy canes so there are more red stripes!)
1/2 cup mini marshmallows (optional)

Layer ingredients in a 1 quart jar.
Close and add tag that says:
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add 1/3 cup mix to 1 cup hot water.
3. Stir and enjoy!
4. Store remaining mix in an air-tight container.

{Peanut Butter Kiss cookies via Betty Crocker - with the addition of a kiss!}

{Christmas M&M cookies via Smitten Kitchen}


Listening to: "Satellites" Beyonce
Thought of the Day: "Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action." - James Levin

No comments:

Post a Comment