Friday, July 31, 2009

Adventures on the Islands

As promised, pictures from the 2 week trip to Hawaii with my brother and sister. We stayed in Honolulu and then basically every region of the Big Island.

Oahu

{Waikiki's Duke Kahanamoku statue}

{Pretty little things}

{Orchids in the Botanical Gardens}

{Pineapples!}

{North Shore}

{Dole Pineapple Plantation}

The Big Island

{Sea Turtles while snorking}

{Gecko - I wish I had this vibrant of animals in my backyard}

{What other animal looks better dead than alive?}

{I cheated: this is a resort :) }

{Carvings in Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Park}


Backpacking to Waimanu Valley. Annie and my first backpacking expedition ever and Joe chose a 9 mile, for "experienced hikers only" trail. This basically sums up the theme of the trip. As Kanye would say, harder, better, faster, stronger.

{See that line on the far side? We hiked it. No biggie.}


{Gorgeous}

{This view made braving creepy guys, mosquitoes and non-stop rain worthwhile.}

{What goes up, must come down.}


Listening to: "More Than This" by Missy Higgins
Thought of the day: "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery today is a gift."

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are LOVELY! I espeically love the gecko and the second flower. They're beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually meant the first flower/second picture. But the second flower/third picture is also gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - gorgeous! I'm jealous. It looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete