Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dancing Queen

When I was little, I loved wearing anything that was brightly colored and sparkly. As I get older though, the colored sections of my closet have been shrinking and the black part has been growing. But then I found then found these amazing shoes and I think I want to be little again...

Amazing, right? These Louboutins would set me back $2,830 at Bergdorf Goodman, so I think I will have to pass on the real ones, but instead of lusting over them I am going to try a DIY!
I found these at Spiegel (via shopstyle.com... be careful with this website though - it is way to addictive!) for only $7.99! Crazy, right? I bought a pair in deep violet (there wasn't a picture), so if they fit, look forward to my first DIY tutorial!

{a little paint and a ton of rhinestones can go a long way}

And shhh... don't tell, but I couldn't resist these either:

{I think they will be gorgeous with dark skinny jeans and a black top. Only $9.99 too!}

Listening to: Colbie Caillat
Thought of the Day: "Go for long walks, indulge in hot baths, question your assumptions, be kind to yourself, live for the moment, loosen up, scream, course the world, count your blessings, just let go, just be." -Carol Shields

6 comments:

  1. katie! i want those gold shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG love it! Thanks for sharing the website. Can we have DIY days along with our blog days too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. Remember the ruby red jelly sandals? Those were the last shoes that we fought over. If your DIY works, I may have to commission my own pair of rhinestoned heels. Perhaps a little shorter though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s.- Shut up with those gold mary janes. I might have to order them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW...those are amazing! F.U.N to be had while wearing those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WANT THOSE RHINESTONE HEELS.

    Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete