Friday, July 17, 2009

Open Your Eyes

One of my biggest pet peeves (even though I have been guilty of it too) is when people aren't proud of their hometown. Every city/town has aspects that make it beautiful, sometimes you just have to look a bit harder. For example, many people are very quick to write off Central Illinois as flat and boring, but on a recent trip to visit a friend, I was awestruck by the gorgeous farmland...

{beautiful clouds}

{storm rolling in}

{I love the contrast of the corn and the sky}

See what I mean?

Erin's feature on downtowns through bloggers' eyes on her blog, reading my tea leaves, has inspired me to look at my city again and discover the little things that make it unique. [Once I find my camera charger that has been MIA for the past couple weeks, expect a post of my hometown!]

What hidden treasures does your hometown hold?

Listening to: "It's Amazing" by Jem
Thought of the day: "When words are both true and kind, they can change our world." -Buddha

1 comment:

  1. Very true Katie. I think we will all be much more satisfied in life once we start appreciating where we are for the time being. I think this is also very true for the SLU kids who hate St. Louis :)


    p.s.- I love it when you give me links to new blogs.

    ReplyDelete