Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blossom

Do you remember those cheap silver rings that they used to give out at Pizza Hut (I think) with the little smiley cut out? I found one tucked away with the other great toys from the 80s that we have in our house and decided to try to give it a new life. Taking inspiration from the plethora of fabric flower headbands and my love for big rings, I stitched a simple flower and attached it to the top with some thread.
I am not sure what I think of the result; it's cute, but it might be a little too crafty for me.
To make it, I used three different fabric swatches, a shiny sheer pink, a solid basic hot pink, and a small yellow calico print. I cut 12 inch strips of the fabrics (more of the sheer than the others) and folded each into about 1/2 inch rectangles. I then cut out a petal shape from these stacks, aligned the ends together and roughly stitched the ends together to form a flower.

{I apologize for the poor picture quality - my camera battery was dying and
is now completely kaput, but I cannot find my charger anywhere...}


{What do you think?}

Maybe next time, I will try something like this or this. I could even get a little more creative and try a shirt like this.

Listening to: "Fallin' for You" by Colbie Caillat
Quote of the Day: "Let your light shine. Be a source of strength and courage. Share your wisdom. Radiate love." - Wilferd Peterson

1 comment: