Monday, July 13, 2009

Rainbow of Reads

For some reason, I really don't understand antiques; I just don't get why people would want old stuff on their shelves. This weekend though, I was visiting a friend who enjoys the hunt for these collectibles so we explored a few shops in Historic St. Charles , a charming neighborhood connected by cobblestone streets and full of historic architecture (my favorite!), shops, and restaurants on the Missouri Riverfront. Despite coming across many toys that I recognized from our own collection of toys in my parents' basement (I didn't know I was that old!), I actually found a few things that I would have considered purchasing, such as old postcards, maps, and books. Ever since I watched Beauty and the Beast as a little kid, I have wanted a library in my house, ideally with a sliding ladder, and these old books would have made perfect additions to my future collection.
But, since I am going to be a teacher and am still a college student, I think this library will be in the very distant future, but I can dream, right? I love these...

... but these might actually work in my new apartment bedroom this fall. The last one is only $14 and can be used to make the middle picture's stack. Now I just need to increase my collection of colorful books!

Add Image{images via: sfgirlbybay, Domino Magazine, Simply Seleta, Umbra}


Listening to: "First Train Home" Imogen Heap
Thought of the Day: "You have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and change the world!" -Harriet Tubman

5 comments:

  1. I love those bookshelves that are one straight stack that are five-six feet tall.

    I've helped a friend install those Umbra shelves - they're super easy to put up and have such a cool effect on a room. Are you in Marchetti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I'll be in the Village! I'm pretty excited. Where are you going to be?
    Thanks for letting my know that they are easy to install... I will definitely be looking into buying them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, me too about beauty and the beast. best library ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE
    http
    http://kkampjogya.multiply.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhh, the Beauty and the Beast library. Swoon worthy! I would love to have a room devoted to books with gorgeous built in shelves!

    ReplyDelete