Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Birthday Pumpkin Cupcakes

What better excuse to continue my pumpkin theme than my mom's birthday? To celebrate on Saturday, I made her pumpkin cupcakes with maple-cream cheese frosting, recipe via Smitten Kitchen (p.s.- I made SK's winter panzanella as well and it was delicious - first time ever having brussel sprouts!). I added more cinnamon and more pumpkin puree than was called for and they were deliciously perfect.

{batter, pre, during, and post pumpkin addition}

{the frosting tasted good, but if you want it to look more like the gorgeous
pictures on SK, don't use margarine and fat free cream cheese -oops!}

Listening to: "Sunshine" by Ne-Yo
Thought of the Day: "No matter how discouraged we get, God has not asked us to do the impossible." -George Grace

2 comments:

  1. We've been doing the pumpkin thing too! cookies, breads, cakes and smoothies! My kids are in heaven. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was my birthday on Monday. I think I need a redo. I want those cupcakes! Yum!

    ReplyDelete