Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cozy Coffee

I'm a coffee addict. And regrettably I am a Starbucks addict as well. I'm getting a little annoyed with them though. Ever since they started their new campaign to reduce waste by placing the cup sleeves in a basket, making you choose to use one, I've noticed that many baristas are choosing to double cup instead and many are double cupping and sleeving. Really Starbucks? Is this necessary? I don't know much about this, but last time I checked, their cups didn't leak and, while the coffee is hot, it isn't hotter than any other single-cupping coffee shops' coffee. Arg.

But then I ran across these sleeves on Etsy and I think I will soon have ended my need for two cups or sleeves. There are so many cute ones, but I might just have to make my own.




{Starbucks Burlap Look-a-Like}

Wouldn't these be a great Christmas present too? My mom implemented this rule last year that presents should be predominantly homemade so that we focus less on the materialist aspect of Christmas and more on being with family and celebrating our gifts and talents. Then, I saw this post on Heart of Light and it reminded me to be on the lookout for ideas!

ps - here is the first Starbucks ever! We saw it on a family trip to Seattle two summers ago :)


Listening to: "With Arms Wide Open" Creed
Thought of the Day: "In some families, please is described as the magic word. In our house, however, it was sorry." -Margaret Laurence





2 comments:

  1. a) I love the new minis on etsy.
    b) I love these coffee cup sleeves

    we should make them at Thanksgiving!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, those are cute. I love Etsy.

    ReplyDelete