Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Goodbye Good Reads

Termed the "Great Magazine Die-Off" by Gawker, this recession has not been kind to journalists. After the fall of Domino Magazine earlier this year, I didn't think it could get much worse, but yesterday, Conde Nast announced the folding of Gourmet, Cookie, Modern Bride, and Elegant Bride.

{a perfect fall meal: Gourmet's Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Fried Sage and Shaved Chestnuts}

{even though this is for a 1 year old's birthday, I would love it too: Cookie's Pink Birthday Party}


I'm going to miss the creativity and inspiration from these two magazines. (Thank goodness I am not getting married anytime soon or else I would be even more upset!)


Listening to: "Come Away with Me" Norah Jones

Thought of the Day: "Every day, the happy person does at least one difficult thing." -Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

No comments:

Post a Comment