Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Friday!

It's rather funny that I have never been to New York City, but when I think of fall and brisk days, I think of Central Park because of my infatuation with You've Got Mail. There is just something so perfect about that movie, like the way Meg Ryan smells the bouquet of pencils or the way that she can make you want to wear librarian-esque clothing because it looks so effortlessly sexy. Anyway, I love the scenes from the beginning of the movie with the ushering in of fall as the shop keepers open their stores and the leaves are changing colors. You can practically smell the leaves through the TV. And rewatching the movie is one of the things on my to-do list for fall break this weekend, along with eating a Del's caramel apple (Decatur, IL specialty!), getting a hair cut, and making this winter panzanella.
Have a lovely weekend!

Listening to: "Begin Again" by Colbie Caillat
Thought of the Day: "be with someone who knows what they have when they have you."


{Image via JaimeRose Blog}

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Central Park is okay. The rest of New York gets old quick.

    Hope you made it through the week okay...I'm on the final stretch, but it doesn't feel as though things are going to really slow down any time soon.

    ReplyDelete