Monday, October 12, 2009

I like lists.

I woke up this morning to a lovely 16 e-mails. I last checked it at 1:30am. Ahhh... Monday mornings.

{Essentials for the week: laptop (please note the plethora of sticky notes), coffee, stack of books, and Leaves candle}

It's midterms week too and it's looking very hairy. I have two tests on Wednesday and two tests and two papers on Thursday, but I just keep telling myself that it will go well because I have a plan in place. No matter what, I am going to go to the gym everyday, sleep at least 6 hours, and study constantly. I'm addicted to post-it notes and lists so I have it all mapped out and I just keep telling myself these could be my last midterms... ever. Scary thought, but with graduation in May and student teaching all spring, I may never have to take them again. Even scarier than graduation though is that this means this semester is the last one I have to make a great impression on my future employers and on my GPA. What could be better motivation? Yikes!


{running shoes, ready for stress relief}

Therefore, in order to, not just survive, but thrive this week, I will never be without my laptop, coffee (thanks to the pumpkin spice lattes, I now take my coffee with almond milk, pumpkin pies spice, and a spoonful of pumpkin puree - yum!), fall candles, planner, and post-its. Sounds like a plan to me!

{Breakfast of Champs: steel-cut oats + pumpkin + tons of cinnamon}

Listening to: "Heavy" Holly Brook
Thought of the Day: "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

3 comments:

  1. Aww...enjoy the last of college. I like the Churchill quotation. It's true. Everything seems so much more absolute than it really is. Good luck this week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you make that pumpkin oats thing?!?!? PS: Are you still coming this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, next time I see you (Thursday) we're going to have to chat steel cut oats. I have a huge box and have tried to make them twice and both times they've turned out horribly!!! Help?

    ReplyDelete