Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Snapshots

This weekend began as I drove home Friday for fall break and was able to take in all the changing leaves and corn fields. It might sound weird, but one of the things I always miss when I go on vacation is being able to drive through the country and see all the corn and soybean fields changing with seasons from barren to lush green to harvest-ready golden. The consistency is somewhat comforting and a good reminder of a slower paced, simpler life and it was a great way to start a relaxing weekend with family and friends.

{corn fields and pretty sky}

{birthday baking for my mom - cupcakes to follow!}

{my little brother Pete's soccer game}

{driving through fall trees}

Listening to: "Beautiful" by Akon
Thought of the Day: "Remember happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think." - Dale Carnegie

No comments:

Post a Comment